Thursday, December 15, 2011

Trust the Yaya


The assignment was to take pictures using long shutter speed. The easiest thing to do was to get a flashlight, go into a dark room and write something in the air. The hard thing was to take a picture of those cars and wait for the cars to become rays of light. I was panicking really bad because the assignment was due the next day and I hadn't gotten any pictures yet. I bugged my cousin, Corina, to come with me. Being the lovely cousin she has to be, she took a jeep just to see me in my messed up state. 


The first thing we did was to look for a fountain. I wanted some water shots for that fast shutter speed assignment. I'm pretty sure there's a fountain somewhere here in this part of the world. The fountain that Corina and I knew of was closed. We walked back to the mall and proceeded to stuff ourselves with fries and Coke Floats. While deciding what to do next, we bought a card for our grandfather's sister, talked about life and gossiped about some hilarious people.




Because we couldn't find any fountains, I dragged her home with me. I showed her my school which is like five minutes from the house. (How many times do I have to repeat this?) Corina was like, 'And you just walk to school? You just walk to the malls?' I guess I never will understand how hard it is to commute or even take your own car to school. I will never understand why people have to wake up so early just to get to school on time. I live so close. I can never be late.


When we got home, the kids were watching TV. Tèa said, 'I never knew you had a cousin.' Since it was still early, I couldn't take any pictures. Yaya Cora came to us while we were hanging out and said, 'You're going out later?' Yeah. 'Why?' she asked. I showed her some pictures on the Internet of slow shutter speed. I explained to her that I needed to go out when it was dark and take pictures of the cars. And then she said, 'Halika!'


Yaya Cora brought us to the roof of the house. I thought she was kidding when she said that we could see EDSA from the roof. Corina and I were seriously scared to death. But the view was awesome! I told Yaya Cora that we'd wait for the sun to go down. The sun was taking forever to go down. I decided to just get down and eat dinner and then go back up. 


When I got down from the roof with Corina, I was like, 'Dude, I'm traumatized!' I'm not used to climbing ladders. Yeah, to get to the roof, we had to climb this ladder that kept on moving. I'm so sure that I'll never go back up on the roof unless I'm required to again. Ada was fascinated by the fact that her Tita Anna had gone to the roof and didn't die.




So was it worth it? Yes, it was so worth it. Yes, these kinds of shots are so common already. But it still is so fascinating to take. I spent days thanking Yaya Cora for bringing me to the roof. She kept laughing at me. I was like, 'You got me these grades! You're such an awesome person!'

You gotta trust the yaya!

No comments:

Post a Comment