Monday, November 28, 2011

Pretending To Be A Superhero

Conscience: 'I thought you wanted to do this at the end of each week?'
Me: 'I did.'
Conscience: 'Well?'
Me: 'Is this your blog?'

I really wanted to do this at the end of the week. The thing is, sleeping and shopping are more exciting things to do than sitting down in front of the laptop to do this entry. I've got all the time in the world to actually do this but I'm never in the mood to sit down and type it out. Once I am in front of my laptop, I end up chatting with my friends, going on Twitter, downloading movies and new episodes and taking vain pictures of me and the kids. Well, no. The kids aren't vain. They're just naturally cute.


Conscience: 'And you're cramming again.'
Me: 'When I go to my other home on weekends, all I do is spoil myself.'
Conscience: 'Set aside time.'
Me: 'Easier said than done.'
During the weekend, I did some Christmas shopping. I hate not doing Christmas shopping. To be honest, I look forward to Christmas every year. It's like the highlight of my year. I love buying gifts for people and I love getting things in return. For me, the best thing about shopping for friends is thinking about what they want. The hardest part about giving gifts is not knowing who you won't give gifts to. The mall mom and I went to last Saturday was full of people. Funny thing was that the moms were the ones pushing and shoving their way through the crowds. The dad were so chill. I think they were so bored. And the kids? The kids wanted to buy everything they saw. I wanted to buy everything I saw.

Conscience: 'Have you gotten anything for Ada, Tea and Gusto?'
Me: 'Yeah.'
Conscience: 'You know their birthdays?'
Me: 'Kinda.'


I have these really cute Christmas stockings for them. I'll be hanging them out on December 1. And then I might just fill them up with little goodies they might enjoy. Spoil them a little bit. Give them some candy and chocolates and Crayolas. Tea has been bugging me to give her a birthday gift. I was like, 'Your birthday is still next year!' Still, she went on and on until I promised to write her birthday down on my calendar. And then after bugging me for a birthday gift, she goes, 'But Christmas comes first. So you give me my first gift then.' I can't wait for her to be older when I can take her to the movies or something.


Conscience: So how was your week?
Me: 'Terribly exciting!'
Conscience: 'Anything great happened?'
Me: 'Gusto got his stitches out!'

I am so proud of that kid! I was telling Ada and Tea that when I was a kid, my goal in life was to get stitches and a cast. I thought it was pretty neat to have a few stitches and to break a leg or an arm. Later on, when I got my wisdom teeth out, I realized that stitches weren't such a big thing. They were cool when they were on, but it hurt when they removed it. And so, I am so proud of Gusto! Yeah, he cried when the doctor was taking the stitches out. But he was so chill about it. He had stitches and kept wanting to go to the park. Oh yeah, he got the stitches because he was pretending to be a superhero.


Conscience: 'What else did you do?'
Me: 'Well, I went with the kids to the book fair!'
Conscience: 'That's nice.'
Me: 'I also kinda went to the grade school and high school fair.'


Even though the kids and I go to the same school, college students don't really care about the rest of the school. So when I visited the fair with the kids, they were so happy. Ada showed me around her part of the school. She brought me to her classroom. She dragged me to Tea's classroom. I wished that I was still in pre-school! They have an easy life. Last Friday, we all went to the fair. Even mom. I think mom enjoyed herself. Duh.




Conscience: 'So how come you're cramming all your assignments and projects?'
Me: 'I was busy reading.'
Conscience: 'Tsk tsk tsk.'
Me: 'Whatever.'


Finally got my hands on Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. If you've waited for the series to end since you were like thirteen years old, you're gonna do anything you can to finish reading the last book as soon as possible. Finishing the Inheritance cycle was and will always be more important than some stupid subject that has nothing to do with your course.


Conscience: 'And Percy Jackson?'
Me: 'And Percy Jackson.'
Conscience: 'What got you into that?'
Me: 'Ada.'


Ada told me that she watched the movie. I remembered that I stole a Percy Jackson book before. I'm pretty proud of that! And so when we went to the book fair, Manang Rina told me I could get a book. I got the first book of Percy Jackson. I love it.


Conscience: 'What's up with the Angry Birds?'
Me: 'They're cute!'
Conscience: 'I thought you hated them?'
Me: 'They light up.'


Seriously. Things that light up are so adorable. Don't care if it's Angry Birds. I just find it cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment