Sunday, November 20, 2011

Just Saying

Conscience: 'How have you been?'
Me: 'Fine.'
Conscience: 'How's school?'
Me: 'Fine.'
Conscience: 'Really.'
Me: ' Really.'




This is my third week in school.  Doesn't take up much of my time. In fact, I feel like I'm not studying at all. High school was even more stressful than this. I have time to visit the park, read really thick books, run around in the malls, watch Modern Family, eat ice cream and blow plastic balloons. I get to sleep for about six to eight hours every night. Sometimes though I wake up with a headache. Am not used to getting too much sleep. But I'm loving it!


Conscience: 'Again. How's school?'
Me: 'I'm loving it!'
Conscience: 'I thought you hate school?'
Me: 'I hate exams, quizzes, homework, projects, people, professors and stuff like that.'


School is lovely. And yes, most of the professors are okay. I only dislike one professor. My schedule isn't that bad either. Mondays and Fridays are my full days when I have about four classes. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I only have one class. And on Wednesdays I've got two classes. Saturday class? Nope. I don't have that. I go home for lunch every day 'cause I feel like it. I can't take the smell of the canteen!


Conscience: 'I thought you didn't like that school?'
Me: 'I take that back.'
Conscience: 'You love it now?'
Me: 'I never said that.'
I didn't like the school before 'cause I thought that the people would be snobs. Actually, they're very nice and simple people. I guess that others think that the people in my school are snobs because they speak English, they are proud of their school, they like looking fashionable and they excel. But are they snobs? No. If they know that you're new, they actually go out of their way to show you to your classes, to tour you around the area, to make small talk with you and to make sure that you're doing okay.
Conscience: 'So you live where?'
Me: 'I live with my brother and my sister in law. And Ada, Tea, and Gusto.'
Conscience: 'What a way to answer a question!'
Me: 'At least you got an answer!'
Yes, I kinda like have two homes now. During the week, I stay with my brother and his family. When the weekend comes, I go home to my mom. The only thing I hate about living in two houses is the fact that I have to pack my bags every Sunday and unpack them every Friday. Also, when I'm home with mom, I have to make a list of everything I think I'll need when I'm at my brother's house. Sucks. But I manage.

Conscience: 'You love the kids.'
Me: 'I adore them.'
Conscience: 'They don't drive you insane?'
Me: 'Not really.'


Getting used to having three kids around wasn't that hard.  I'm an only kid (with two ancient brothers). At home with mom, I'm used to having my own room, not caring about others, leaving my things everywhere and just not having others around. Let's just say that I'm used to thinking about myself only. But when you've got one kid tickling you, another telling you a story and one who just wants to hug you, you can't just ignore them. You've got to somehow be interested in their lives. You're forced to care for them. It's not that hard. It's easy to love the kids because they love me too.


Conscience: 'I heard you quit Kumon.'
Me: 'Well, I already am a Kumon complete in maths and reading.'
Conscience: 'So...'
Me: 'I was taking Level X.'


I was taking an extra level to prove to the world how smart I actually am. Seriously.  I stopped because I am tired of math. And also because I hate homework.


Conscience: 'You didn't do your homework for tomorrow.'
Me: 'So?'
Conscience: 'Just saying.'
Me: 'Okay.'

Steve Jobs didn't finish college.









No comments:

Post a Comment