Wednesday, October 17, 2012

So Many Reasons


I weep as I write this.

It has been exactly one week since my mom cut off our WiFi here in the hills. The WiFi just started malfunctioning after one big rain washed the signal away. I really do not get all the technical terms they used when they told me that the WiFi is gone and can never come back. I guess I just blacked out or something.

The day my mom cut off the WiFi was also the day I made her get DSL. She signed all the forms. She filled out an application. She even talked to the person in charge of giving senior citizens information about DSL. I thought our mini-problem was solved. To get DSL I must wait for two weeks for a person to inspect our location and then another week to install the DSL. Basically, I will have no Internet for the whole of my semestral break.

And here I am weeping. I know. You're saying, 'Do something else! Read books! Go out! It's just WiFi.' Let me tell you what I have been doing to waste time. I have read more than twenty books already. I have watched How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, New Girl, The Newsroom and Happy Endings. I have replayed Friends with Benefits so many times that I already memorize their lines.

Yes, I have also finished designing my surprise gift for Jani. Now I just have to head to the store to have it printed and bound. Out of boredom, I helped Leo shoot some video which did not turn out the way I wanted it to. I have printed out all those random typography crap I collect from the Internet. I even taped them to my wall just for the fun of it. I printed some out for my parents and they did not get the sarcasm involved in the quotes.

I am getting terrible headaches from sleeping too much. In one day, I take around four to six naps. My sleeping pattern is all messed up. I do not care. My parents ask me why I keep sleeping. Well, it's so that I don't end up yelling my head off about our current situation. And I am getting fat, too. I take a trip to the kitchen every thirty minutes when I am not sleeping. I take two plates of everything. I eat even if I am not hungry. I eat even though I am full. I just eat because eating takes up time.

Photoshop has been my best friend lately. It has kept me company and I assume will have to keep me company until whenever. My books on fashion and design have heard me crying my head off almost every day. They remind me though to keep my tears to myself and not let anyone see me in my ugliest state. My room must mind the fact that I am going insane because there is no more floor to walk on since it is covered in books, art materials, food, trash and clothes. I have no intention of cleaning it up.

I have come to terms with the fact that the Internet should not be the basis for my happiness. And there are so many people who live without Internet and I am still lucky blah blah blah. But sometimes when you are an only child with two ancient parents who expect you to mind your own business, the Internet becomes your friend and your companion. When all your friends are still in school and you are waiting for their school to end, the Internet is someone to talk to. When you need inspiration, criticism and praise, you go to the Internet to find that and so much more.

The good news came this morning however. My mom just said that the house we have bought is going to be ready in about two to three weeks. Which means that in about two to three weeks we are moving out of the hills which has been my home for twenty years and into that house in the city. 'So why even get DSL if we're moving out anyway?' she reasoned.

I ran up to my room and cried my heart out for so many damn reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment